Current CharitiesPast CharitiesVideo

KU Cares

If you are a young adult in social care and want to carry on your education at university it’s not just paying the tuition fees that you have to contend with. You have to ensure that any accommodation you have been given by your local council is not lost while you take your degree, so you often find yourself having to travel further and longer than students who can choose to live at or close their university.

To help sort his issues we are providing funds to provide bursaries to support travel for four students at Kingston University that have left care., for three years is their degree.

Kingston provides a comprehensive package of support for care leavers, including financial support, access to year-round accommodation and a deposit fee waiver for Halls of Residence, access to internal and external opportunities including placements at the University and becoming part of our Student Ambassador team. This is in addition to advocacy in the university and within a care leaver’s local authority. While the KU Cares team to provide support from application, through time at University, graduation and beyond.